Keezel 現在也支援連接OpenVPN伺服器包括PureVPN, LeVPN, ProXPN (NordVPN也即將通行)
Keezel 正在實施連帶支援WireGuard 及 Shadowsocks
It all started with a dream: to turn a rough prototype into an actual, simple-to-use and much more powerful online security product. With the help of Indiegogo and over 5000 backers, that dream is now a reality.
We’re constantly adding new software features to the Keezel to slowly take it from “the best VPN router” to “the best online security solution” out there. We want to make internet security available to everyone, no matter their tech skills or lack thereof.
We dream big. We will grow the Keezel company into a provider of secure internet. We want to make it so that in the future, there is no hassle to browse the web securely or have every object and appliance in your home be a smart one and still be safe from hacking.
How is the Keezel’s VPN solution different from traditional software VPN?
In several ways actually:
- with the Keezel you don’t have to install anything or configure any software on each device you want to protect. All you need to do is connect that device to the Keezel and the job is done. This saves you the hassle of getting a VPN set up on your laptop, tablet, phone etc. Keezel also helps you protect older devices that may no longer receive security updates or that run older versions of browsers.
- the Keezel can also protect Internet of Things gadgets and screenless media streamers (Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku etc), on which you cannot install software VPN.
- with the Keezel, your device is never connected to the internet without an encrypted connection. Regular VPN software solutions always bear a risk of information leakage in a side channel before the encrypted connection is established.
- the Keezel also offers an ad-blocker, an anti-phishing filter.
- with Keezel to Keezel you can pair two Keezels together and (for example) leave one at home and take the other one with you when travelling so that even when you’re abroad, you’ll be able to access content that is only available in your country.
- a recent study (Jan 2017) revealed that many VPN apps leak user data and don’t even use encryption, so if you want a solution that actually does what it promises and protects you and your devices, a Keezel is the way to go.
- Keezel separates customers’ personal details from data usage, which offers you an extra layer of security. We don’t know what you do online and our VPN partners don’t know who you are nor what you’re doing online, they just see you as regularly refreshed “Keezel IDs” using server X in country Y.
- you can connect the Keezel to a new WiFi network (like in a hotel) and then connect all your devices to the Keezel so that they’ll all have internet without you having to get extra hotel vouchers / details for each separate device.
- the Keezel has a 8000+ mAh battery that you can use to charge your phone or tablet
- the Keezel doesn’t require you to have administrator rights to your computer.
What are the Keezel’s latest software and firmware versions?
Keezel latest firmware version: 1.0.1 & 1.0.2 (in terms of features and functionality, the software version is the one that matters, so there’s no problem if you have 1.0.1 as the firmware version)
Keezel latest software version: 1.0.2
Latest update: January 25, 2018
Can I use the Keezel on networks with ‘terms and conditions’ (captive portals)?
Yes, the Keezel can connect to networks that require you to log in with email/social media, accept terms and conditions or visit a certain page before you can access the internet. When connecting to such a network, your Keezel browser-based interface will display the terms and conditions screen where you can do what needs to be done before you can gain access to the internet.
Can the Keezel connect to a WiFi network that is password-protected?
Yes, you can use the Keezel on open networks and password-protected networks alike (as long as you know/have the password for the network you want to connect your Keezel to, of course).